Most women dream of owning a Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag. However, they don’t want to spend thousands of dollars, especially in a time of recession. Luckily, there are inexpensive ways of obtaining designer or quality handbags. Here are five shopping tips that will help.
1. Hire one. In the movie, ‘Sex and the City’, fashionista Carrie asked the applicant for the position of her assistant how she obtained her designer bag. The young woman told her that she rented it from Bag, Borrow or Steal. Carrie was suitably impressed and hired her. You can become a member of companies like this for as little as $10.00 per week. The cost of rentals starts at $15.00. Orders can be made online and the bags are usually delivered to the door. It’s easy, convenient and a good way to impress people with beautiful designer handbags at a low cost!
2. Buy one from eBay. Be extremely careful if you do this, however, because is a large number of fakes there. Study the helpful guides online which give tips on buying authentic bags before buying. Also look at the seller’s location (beware if this is in Asia) and approval rating (it’s best to buy from those with a 100% rating.)
3. Buy online but be aware that many online stores also sell replicas. Eluxury and Bluefly have very good reputations and sell designer bags at discounted prices.
4. Outlet stores usually have great bargains. These are excellent places to look for a designer handbag.
5. Inexpensive designer handbags can also be found at vintage stores. There are many vintage shops online now if you can’t find one in town.
These are all easy ways to find a cheaper designer handbag and should prove helpful, especially in a recession.