Are you searching for natural ways to get shiny, healthy and strong hair? It’s time to go straight to the kitchen, conjure up a balanced meal and be the envy of your neighborhood. Just memorize this hair-transforming food guide and watch your life change. Here are eight great tips to get you on the right track.
1. Something fish based always works. Believe it or not the omega-3 fatty acids present in fishes like salmon and mackerel are crucial for a healthy scalp and hair. They are also good sources of iron and vitamin B-12. If you are a vegetarian, include a tablespoon of ground flax seeds which are plant based sources of essential omega-3 acids.
2. Dark green leafy vegetables can work miracles. Broccoli, spinach and Swiss chard contain iron and calcium that’s inevitable for healthy hair. They also contain vitamin C and A that help produce sebum which is a natural hair conditioner.
3. Go on a nutty diet. Walnuts have alpha-linolenic acid, which are superb for conditioning your hair. What’s more is that they act as excellent sources of zinc just like almonds, cashews and pecans. Selenium is present in Brazil nuts which helps prevent dandruff from accumulating on your scalp. Make sure that you throw in a few nuts into your diet daily so that you don’t suffer from the hair loss that results from their deficiency.
4. Healthy whole grains are just right for you. Whole wheat and rice contain vitamin B, zinc and iron which are essential for healthy hair. As zinc promotes hair thickness, ensure that you have ample amounts of zinc incorporated in your daily diet. Whole wheat bread, grainy cereal and those that are fortified are great breakfast choices too!
5. Love your chicken completely. Are you suffering from brittle hair strands or loss of a deep, natural hair color? Well, say hello to your feathered friends namely chicken and turkey. The iron present in these delicacies helps maintain each hair follicle and stimulate proper growth. Where strong hair is concerned, it really doesn’t matter if you prefer your eggs hard boiled, sunny side up or scrambled! Eggs are rich in protein too and are blessed with essential beauty nutrients such as Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12) and Biotin.
6. Stick with the low-fat dairy foods mantra. The low-fat variants of diary products are great for healthy hair locks without adding extra flab to your waistline. Cottage cheese, yogurts, skim milk and curds are top choices for supplying your hair with adequate protein such as casein and whey. They also contribute to calcium which is ideal for hair growth. For a mid day snack, take along a cup of yogurt. There isn’t a better way to relax and stay healthy on a hot summer day!
7. Go on a date with the legume family. Ordinary beans, kidney beans and lentils can work wonders on your hair strands if only you would give them a chance. Besides being storehouses of zinc and iron, they comprise of protein that’s responsible for hair growth. They also contain Biotin, an essential B vitamin that guard hair strands against breakage.
8. Nibble on delicious carrots. Though they are known for promoting healthy vision, carrots also are crucial for healthy locks of hair. The Vitamin A contained in them ensures a shiny, well-conditioned, natural look just by keeping the hair oils going. Cube a carrot and add it to your salad, grab a carrot centered snack, munch raw carrots or have them just the way you like!
Beware of supplements that are marketed to make your hair doubly thick or grow faster as they may backfire. The best way to get a healthy crown of hair is to feed your body with nutrients that nourish your hair right from the roots.